Security Roll Shutters manufactured by DDK Security & Shade provide energy savings and protection for your homes in Ilderton and the surrounding areas.
Roll shutters are installed on the outside, but are controlled from the inside. They offer a variety of benefits and flexibility in their use; yet when not in use in the “up” position, they are unobtrusive.
Rollshutters are the ultimate solution when you want to protect what’s behind your windows.
Strong, secure and durable, Talius rollshutters glide easily into place when you need them and retract into an overhead panel box when you don’t. Manual or motorized controls ensure smooth, convenient operation and the rollshutters and frames can be tailored to harmonize with any exterior.
Please click below to open more details on specific shutter installations.
Whenever you lower your roll shutters completely, either at night or when you leave, they form a barrier that prevents potential burglars from breaking in.
- Since they are controlled either from the inside or by security key lock on the outside, your family or business will be safe from intruders, vandals or other unauthorized persons.
Protection From Solar Heat
Roll shutters can block up to 90% of solar heat gain. They are effective because:
- They stop the sun’s rays before they reach the glass and heat up the room; and
- They are insulated, partially reflecting and also absorbing solar heat.
- Air-conditioning usage is significantly reduced when you use roll shutters, thereby reducing your electricity costs and creating a more comfortable living or working environment.
Protection From the Cold
At night or when you are away, a completely lowered roll shutter significantly reduces heat loss from the window or door. The closed roll shutter curtain traps a still air space between itself and the glass. The insulation value is created from this pocket of air, plus the insulation inside the curtain itself. Heat loss is reduced approximately 50%, and eliminating a draft in the room makes for a warmer, cozier living space.
- Since roll shutters cut down on your year-round energy costs, the dollars you save can be enjoyed in other ways for your family or business.
Protection Against Stormy Weather and High Winds
Windows and doors are most vulnerable against hail, high winds and flying debris. A closed roll shutter will significantly protect a home and business from the elements. Without roll shutters to protect the glass in windows and doors, homes and cottages are susceptible to even more damage from wind and water getting into the building for an extended period of time.
- You feel more secure, knowing that you have protected your property as best you can against the elements when you close all your roll shutters tightly.
Protection From Light and Glare - Creation of Privacy
Roll shutters have tiny slots in each slat so you can control the amount of light entering the room. You may choose either full light penetration, full black-out, or anything in-between. Partial light control allows for activities such as glare-free TV viewing, as well as protects draperies, carpet and furniture from fading. When you close the shutter tightly, you have complete privacy.
This is especially important to shift workers, who will be able to get a much longer, deeper, more restful sleep in a totally darkened room, no matter what time of day.
Protection From Noise
The closed roll shutter absorbs sound, plus traps air space between itself and the glass, thus absorbing additional noise.
This pocket, plus the insulation inside the curtain itself, significantly reduce outside noises so that they don’t disturb your family or co-workers.
DDK Security & Shade provides manufacturing, installing, and repair of Security Roll Shutters across Ontario.